A flowable concentrate systemic fungicide as a foliar application on turf.
Subdue Maxx has set a worldwide industry standard in protection against Pythium infection, as well as a range of associated turf diseases including damping off and Yellow Tuft (Downy Mildew). Exceptional levels of performance and long residual activity for up to 21 days make Subdue Maxx an integral part of disease management programs wherever Pythium is an issue.
SUBDUE MAXX is one of the best preventative and early curative systemic fungicides for effective control of Pythium in your greens.
Talking Turf are our distributors in South Africa, to buy Syngenta’s Subdue Maxx Fungicide, click here.
What SUBDUE MAXX offers you:
• A highly effective, economical solution for Pythium in all turf species • Protection of germinating seedlings during overseeding with high turf safety • The combination of fast absorption and even systemic movement as well as contact action in soil, resulting in full plant protection • MAXX technology allows for excellent tank mix compatibility with other fungicides and foliar fertilisers • Low odour, non-staining formulation
To achieve great results, accurate application is important. SUBDUE MAXX is an excellent choice to use preventatively or early curatively during high infection risk periods. The fast absorption and systemic movement combines to ensure true “stopping power” for early curative Pythium Leaf Blight situations. For Pythium Root Rot a preventative plan is the only safe approach. SUBDUE MAXX is rapid and responsive treating problems before they are actually seen. Making a good start to the season should see turf through summer without a problem. Remember though that Pythium control depends heavily upon regular population control throughout the summer. Consecutive days of rain and high temperatures (25-40°C) will quickly advance Pythium populations. Example: A sound strategy is therefore an early start with continued action.
• Late September – SUBDUE MAXX @ 3 to 3.5 L/ha • Late October – SUBDUE MAXX @ 3 to 3.5 L/ha • Late November – PREVICUR N (600G/L) @ 5 L/ha • Before Christmas – HEADWAY MAXX @ 2-3 L/ha • Late January – ALIETTE @ 12,5 kg/ha
Give all applications a light wash in within 1 hour after spraying (6 to 10 mm).
SUBDUE MAXX contains 240 g/L Mefenoxam (phenylamide), a member of the phenylamide fungicides. GROUP 4 FUNGICIDE
Formulation and Packaging
1 L pack size A micro emulsion concentrate (MEC) with minimal odour as the product does not contain petroleum solvents. SUBDUE MAXX mixes completely with water and may be tank mixed with many commonly used fungicides and liquid fertilisers. SUBDUE MAXX can be tank mixed with BANNER MAXX, HEADWAY MAXX, HERITAGE MAXX and PRIMO MAXX.
• Harmful if swallowed.
• Toxic to daphnia (scale animals) and animals
• Store in a cool dry place.
• Store away from food and feed.
• Avoid storage above 35 °C.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Do not use treated seed for human or animal consumption.
• In case of poisoning call a doctor and make this label available to him.
Applications of SUBDUE MAXX should commence when seedlings are at the 3 - 4 leaf stage and repeated every 14 days until transplant. No more than three applications per seedling cycle may be done.
• Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
• Do not inhale concentrate or mixed product.
• Wash contaminated clothing after use.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst mixing or applying the product or before washing hands and face.
• Clean applicator after use. Dispose of rinsate where it will not contaminate crops, pastures, rivers, dams and boreholes.
• Prevent contamination of food, feed, drinking water and eating utensils.
• Destroy empty container and do not use it for any other purpose.
• When treated seed is stored in containers, mark containers clearly “POISONED” and never use them for any other purpose.
Personal Protective Equipment
• While handling the concentrate, during treatment of the seed and while handling treated seed wear a face shield, hat or cap and rubber gloves.
400–2000 l/ha (43-215 gallons/acre)
In the event of a Toxic or Transport Emergency in South Africa please telephone +27 (0) 8312 33 911 at any time
Can be used as a soil drench (Pythium) or foliar application (downy mildew)
Contains mefenoxam in high concentration and Maxx formulation